Monday 10 September 2012

Day 10, Granon

Today's walk was from Azofra into Granon was mostly through farm land where crops have been all cut. There were some fields of withering sunflowers and also some vineyards. Surprisingly the grapes do not taste much different to the ones on my brother in-laws at home in Ireland.
Again today I am happy with my feet and legs. I have no new blisters and the old ones are healing. I almost feel I am tempting faith mentioning them.
Tonight I sleep in the attic of the town church. There are no beds here just mats on the floor for our sleeping bags We will have a communal dinner later which will be cooked for us. Second day in a row not to have to sort the food out !! It is a beautiful place and feels very homely. I am surprised and also pleased how well I have adapted to camino life. The walking can be tough at times. My days walking is usually finished before 2 so I enjoy siesta and the just resting my feet for the evening. My biggest concern coming was how I would put in the evening without being lonely for home.
ONLY 566 km left to go now !!

2 comments: