Monday 10 September 2012

Day 9 ,

Today I feel great. My feet are beginning to feel ok the blisters are dying I think!!!! Today we walked from Navarette to Azofra. The walk was
Ainly through vineyards and rolling hills. I probably am getting stronger, It does not take too much out of me now and my feet don't se to complain too much either. Well at least that is today's story.
We arrived in Azofra in time for "Fiestas de Gracias" which was amazing. The streets were lined with tables and chairs. There were 3 huge paella cooking away, there were at least 3 foot wide. There were also pans with pork and peppers in a sauce. Lots of wine too. So we eat and drank of the best of Rioja. A band played in the plaza where we danced. This was all to celebrate the grape harvest. I still have to figure out where we got the energy to dance an drink a beautiful mixture of red, white, and rose wine.
We all survived the festivities although my rib age is still a little sore from laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment