Monday 3 September 2012

Day 3

We started this morn just after 7. Although it was relatively easy in terms of terrain, I have found it a tough day. My feet are really sore, no blisters or injuries just sore and tired. My body aches too. So I feel a bit down. I walked alone today until I reached the city of Pamplona, where my friends Jess, Pip and I had decided to meet. We had a quick look at the cathedral and went to get some things we needed. We had hoped to get a place to stay just outside the city in Cruz Menor but because the camino is so busy we decided to ring ahead to check but there was no where with a room free !!! Yesterday was the same. I am hoping this will not be the case every night. We walked to near the edge of the city and got a hotel. Tomorrow we will leave here well before sun up and hope to get to our next stop in time to get a bed. My budget does not include nice hotels but lying here now I am not complaining. Lunch today was paella which was good ..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doll !

    So glad to know you made it to Pamplona ! Now you know you have what it takes physically. You may still feel down at times, but that is simply the mental aspect yet to be overcome. Keep at it ! Yo can do it !!! :-)

    Consider staying at some of the intermediate albergues between the popular stops. We did that with great success. Ultreya, mi hermana, ultreya !

    ~ Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Doll, you'll get through this, everyone feels like this at the beginning. Great to hear you have no blister!
    Pamplona full? Gosh the Jesus & Mary one in town is huge and was half empty in August...

    ReplyDelete